Monday, September 13, 2010

End of an era and begining of a new one.

Well it's been a while since my last post (over a month) and not much has happened. On the 31st of August I handed my truck back to the leasing company and we officially became a one car family. The only vehicle we have is our 2007 Honda Fit. This needs to be our only car for a couple of years until we can afford 2 car payments again. Then I get to go and get a car that I really want. Don't know what it is yet, but I have a couple of years to think about it and do some serious research. I do have a few in mind already, but they are a little expensive at the moment. We'll see what happens in a couple of years.

Our house is now officially off the market. We tried to sell it for a few months, but as luck would have it, as soon as it hit the market, the market collapsed. Seriously, it dropped 42% the first month we listed. Now we need to look at converting our den/office into a 3rd bedroom. Hopefully that won't cost too much. We have already got a crib and change table for the new bedroom and also a playpen for the living room/wherever. All donated by very nice people who do not read this blog.

Work is good and busy. I just started on a new project as well as doing some finishing work for the old one. Hopefully I'll get to do some design work on this new project, but I doubt it will be much. The project is basically a copy of an old one for the same company, just in a different location. This year I plan on continuing my education and hopefully getting a lot of it completed towards my Process Piping Certificate. Of course with the baby coming in December, I'm not sure how much time I will have to study and such. I am also toying with the idea of joining our companies "Toastmasters Club" to work on my public speaking and confidence in a group setting. The trouble with that is the club is at the Southport location and I am downtown. We'll see if we can make it work.

Church is going good. I am still the first assistant in the High Priest Group and slowly getting more comfortable with the Branch/Ward. I think that this calling is also helping me to overcome my shyness as every few weeks I need to give a lesson or lead the group in some manner.

Well I guess I've bored you enough with what is happening, if you are even reading this blog anymore.

I am working on a couple of things at the moment that will hopefully show up here in the next few weeks.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Of course I still read it. Maybe if you feel guilty for not posting in over a month, Bethany can feel guilty for not posting in 3! Ha ha ha. A couple of things at the moment? I'm curious! Are you going to share what things they are? Thanks for updating!

    ReplyDelete